Kickerfish

Paint Brush & Devcon

7 posts in this topic

Is there anything I can soak my brush in after I'm done putting my Devcon on so that I can re-use the brush, or should I just figure on throwing the brush away every time?

De-natured alchohol. Clean the brush in it thoroughly then wash it in a little soapy water. It'll be good as new

:yay: 100% correct! Hoodaddy wins.

I don't soak brushes, I aggressively clean them in acetone or lacquer thinner and brush them out on a piece of cloth until they are dry and all the bristles have separated. Some of my brushes have clearcoated 100 baits and are still going strong.

Soak them in acetone for about 15-20 min. Then take them out and let them dry. They will be stiff once they are dry, but you can work the bristles with your finger and it will be ready to go.

Skeeter

is there ever any problem with residual thinner on the brushes messing withthe epoxy? how long to you wait before reusing them? do you need to go with a better quality brush to start with?

i've just been buying cheap $.39 brushes and tossing after each use.

Soak them in acetone for about 15-20 min. Then take them out and let them dry. They will be stiff once they are dry, but you can work the bristles with your finger and it will be ready to go.

Skeeter

:yay: right on master!! the only time I have to use a new brush is if I pull the bristles out.

the acetone evasporates very fast so that has never been an issue....just squeeze the brush with a paper towel after removing from acetone and flick the bristles. By the time you have a batch of devcon mixed it is ready to go