spam chucker

Devcon 2ton ate my cup

I usually use straight devcon, no thinners, and have great results.

Today was a little cold, so i heated it up in the microwave in a plastic cup for 7 seconds. While mixing for about 20 seconds it started to yellow suddenly, then set up in about 10 seconds. Within a minute I had a yellowish hard blob and a half melted cup. How can i make the epoxy flow better without getting the same results?

Easiest solution to the cold problem without having to use water etc, Just keep your epoxy in the house until your ready to use it.I takes a fair amount of time for the epoxy to loose its heat from the house to the shop/garage etc.My shop is now climate controlled but this is how I used to bypass this problem.

I have 4' shop lights about 2' above my work bench. I just put the tube of Devcon II on top of the light about half hour before topcoating. It flows like water. Good Luck, Joe

Yes, microwaves are chancy. The resin gets soupier faster than the hardener and the cure time can be drastically shortened. I just warm mine in a pan of hot tap water, or take the epoxy inside the night before I use it.