Vodkaman

lip and body profiles

10 posts in this topic

I thinking of starting a library of lip and/or body profiles, available to all. If anyone is interested in the idea, we can discuss how it can be done. I am prepared to do the drawing work etc.

I think it could be a useful tool.

nice idea. I design all mine in a cad programme and I think most drawing programmes lend themselves to this type of designing. Most could be exported as Jpeg'S or similar to be printed out in say ms paint which is on all computers running microsoft operating systems.I have loads of designs which I have no problem sharing. Maybe a pm to the Tu admin maybe in order.

philB

Pretty much what I had in mind, a jpeg output is universal.

We need to find some way of controlling scale to eliminate trial and error printing.

I can output to several formats, including dxf pdf tif jpg.

ideas?

This Korean website (select the "analysis" link on top) will be a better example of how to tackle an info database on lips & bodies. An exhaustive collection of lip shapes & body profile would not serve much purpose. Since factors affecting lure action is a combination of all factors. Lip shape, tow eye position, body profile, weighting.... etc2 Just too many combinations possible to effectively catalog. And most importantly lips are design to meet the needs of the maker going after. You could interchange alot of lips in a bait and still make the lure work. What you choose are the ones to give the desired action and depth. The final judges will still be the fishes.

Creating a spreadsheet capable of factoring in all the variables and producing viable output may prove to be a insurmountable task, or not.

However a catalog of the various lip shapes and body profiles could be useful to the begining or seasoned builder.

I've been tinkering with lure designes in AutoCad for a little while now, mostly to layout the wire forms and make lips.

LaPala the korean site doesn't work for me :(...I have some schematics with bodies and lip profiles too ;)

found the problem, it was the translator, changed it and it works ...thanks for the site it's great ;)