lineman96

clearcoats

Most all top clear coats besides epoxy are solvent based which would make your acrylic paint job run. You can thin epoxy with alcohol. This will give you a thinner coat. Get your your self a blow dryer and heat the finish coat slightly to eliminate air bubbles. Keep working the epoxy towards the back fo the bait in deliberate smooth stokes this will also help get rid rid of air bubbles. You might also want to look at how you mix the epoxy. The more air you introduce during mixing the more air you have to deal with on the bait. Hope this helps you.

Lineman, you need to really do a search on clear coats. That dead horse has been kicked really hard. You can use a solvant base on acrylic paint if you flash dry the paint with a dryer. You need a drying wheel for your clear coat. It is a rotisserie motor that keeps your baits rotating and leveling out the the clear. That horse also has been through hell lately and can be found in the search engine.

Hi Lineman

I have started using envirotex lite as my topcoat , epoxy resins are not the easiest coatings to use and I have had more than my fair share of problems but stick at it and it will come good in the end :wink: . On this board there is loads of advice for topcoats but devcon 2ton and envirotex are the popular choices amongst the guys here.

good luck

philB