ernel

Devcon and water temps

I pulled a search for this, as I remember reading something about devcon and colder water temps a while back, but I must be overlooking it or it was lost during the crash.

Has anyone had a problem with Devcon cracking in cold water? If so what temps did you notice the problem to occur? I would try to test it on the pond myself, but I am suffering from hard water at this time.

Thanks,

Eric

I was at Norman this past weekend so happy with a new bait I chunked it into the rocks one time...:mad: Devcon dented but didnt crack, looks good as new and the water temp was 46 to 48 and the air was much colder, I was impressed b/c it took a good shot and didnt crack so I was pleased. Not saying it will not crack but it takes alot to crack devcon.

Well after letting it warm to around 34-37 degrees for the last couple of days, I decided to take the boat anchor down to the pond and soften the water just a little bit. After a few good throws, I had an area of water about 10 feet around with chunks of ice floating here and there.

Devcon don't crack in cold water. At least it doesn't after 30 minutes of freezing water temps. I did not wait for the plug to reach the same temp as the outside temp before throwing into the water either. Took it straight from the 74 degree house temps, walked 350 feet in apx 35 degree air temps, to the pond and started casting. I wanted it to be as hard on the finish as it could be. After casting in the pond for 30 minuites, I walked the lure straight home and brought it back into the warm enviroment and it still did not crack.

Seems that if it was going to crack, it would have done so going from one temperature extreme to the other. Plug had been cured for 7-9 days at the time the test was conducted.

Eric