Heath Bohman

Holding and Hanging Painted Spinner Blades?

I have been painting spinner blades for the past year. I have been using Christmas tree hooks to hang the blades after painting and clear coating. Couple of problems: 1) Fingers get full of paint or clear when holding the blades; 2) The hook tends to mess up the paint and clear by the spinner eye causing a potential failure point for the clear. Any one have any good solutions? Thanks!

I see what you are saying, but maybe I'm not describing my problem correctly. I basically need a way to hold onto the back of the blades and have nothing touching the front or edges. I only paint and clear one side and always leave the back as it is plated. I was thinking of sticking something to the back to grab a hold off, but am not sure of what I could use (maybe some tape?) Thought someone may have already skinned this cat.

I have also made spinners, to some of them I painted the exterior of the blade, and I had no problems at all in doing that, so I am not sure I understand your problem well.

I put my spinner blades in wire hangers (my blades have a hole in the top end, as I presume have yours) and sprayed them with rattle can paints. I could paint both sides if I wanted to. In case you need a stronger grip to the blade, instead of this loose grip which the wire hanger offers, simply screw the wire above thr hole, until you get a tight grip (you have to use soft wire).

For more help, try the wire baits section of the site. They will surely know how to handle your problem.

hi . for spinner blades or spoons heres what we have done for production. get a legnth of rabbit wire. it comes in rolls from farm supply. clip every third square, bend down. that leaves a small wire to hang on your blades. . make a wooden frame to keep the wire taught. you can spray hundreds at once. when done and dry lay an old sheet on the floor tip the framework and then collect finished blades and bag em.. hope this helps its a fast efficient way.

You could try "Blu Tac", a sort of tacky putty material that is used for putting posters up on the wall, without marking the wall or the poster. It can be used over and over. You could use it on a nail as a support and this would allow you to paint your blades. edges and all with no interference. Hope this helps