miketr20

Help with poison head jig!!

The 1/8 oz. size doesn't use the pull pins. You use a piece of wire with a loop to go over the hook and the other end straight. After pouring & painting you could add a loop to the exposed end and clip the hitchhiker to the loop. Or just clip to the hook eye... Or get out the dremel and modify the mold so that the hitchhiker fits...

I posted up about this awhile back. But I also made my 1/8 accept a fiber weedguard. You can use a drill bit inside the hitch hiker and it will hold. Just lay it in the mold and attach the hitch hiker to the hook. You will get some over flow of lead around the bottom of the HH sometimes. It can be peeled off.

Funny. I just poured some of these today...in 1/8 ounce! I put plumber's putty in the weedguard hole, just to where it meets the head. I then lay my STRAIGHT wire in the putty. I almost for got, I put a very small kink in the end of the wire so it won't pull out of the head. Pour the jig, take a pair of pliers and wrap(twist) the wire around a small finish nail and wah lah.Cut off the excess wire and you are ready to paint the head. When I get it perfected, I will post pics in the gallery.