willie525

soft plastic jigs

The glue you were asking about is the regular hot glue like used for making crafts. The only problem that I have had is finding a paint that will work well on the glue. I purchased the paint used for painting plastic and it seems to to ok with a top coat over it. They do make colored glue but the colors suck. It does work well around docks, I made some of the poison tail in the 1oz size and with a 44 strand skirt on it it barely even sinks. I tried putting on a small split shot to get it to sink a little faster.

I made a bunch a few years back with the glue gun method and a 1/4 oz Do-It mold, painted the heads three tone with rattle cans, tied on a sparse amount of bucktail in three colors and sold them as suspending bucktails for walleye. The glue is fairly neutral bouyancy and the air cells in the bucktail compensates for the weight of the hook.

I bought some slowfall jigs with a hard plastic head and thin wire hooks that Bassmasters magazine had an article about years ago. I can't remember the name or who made them but they had gray and white jigs as well as different fall rates. I do remember that you needed to use spinning tackle to cast them and a lot of patience. They work in the right situations.