bamabass

dick nite

I've played around with it and liked it.I dipped my lures,and put on a wheel too dry.2-3 dips will equal 1 coat of devcon.Only draw back too it is after you open it,the curing process begins. Besure too keep your unused topcoat sealed up and as air tight as you can.DONOT pour any left overs back into the can..Nathan

Great stuff - super easy to work with! Seal it up tight and you have no worries. I have had a pint for a few months now that I am slowly working my way through with nothing but great results

+1

I'm on my second pint. I pour off into a glass jelly jar and a 2 oz jar with metal tops. I work out of the small jar, use the bigger jar for loading the small one. The rest is sealed in the original can. I keep a wrap of Teflon tape on the jars. I wipe the top sealing srface of the jars with alcohol before replacing the tops. I rubberband additional plastic wrap over the top of the big jar, sounds like overkill, but better safe than sorry, and store out of direct light. This sounds like alot, but only takes seconds after you're set up.

If you're using over Createx, thoroughly heat-set your paint, and you'll have no problem. After you get used to it, application is a breeze, much simpler and faster than epoxy. But what I really love about it is the way it protects your lure. It's tough stuff. Like a lot of you, I try to build the very best lures I can, and I consider this topcoat a valuable asset to accomplish that goal. IMHO.

Dean

Dean , do you dip or brush it on ?

I brush it, I do one coat before lipping and generally 2 coats after. I start at the head and work my way down and around quickly but thoroughly, and then put it on the dryer, and let it turn for a little while. I expect you could turn it by hand until it set, because it doesn't take long, but I've never tried. Feel free to pm me about any of this. I first tried dipping, but I can control the amount I get on the lure better by brushing; you don't want it running onto the lip.

Dean