Nathan

Anyone seal and Prime with Kiltz?

I tried it and dont' like it......it leaves bad streaks in the wood. If you do try it Nathan I would only dip one bait....it takes quite awhile to dry and you will see what I mean, areas that are uneven and must be sanded smooth. Also, if you are using it with a wood that shows grain like cedar it will really raise it.

I have a gallon in my shop you can have if you want to drive over and get it, lol.

jed

I use it thinned considerably as a "pre-sealer" on balsa, and as a sealer-primer on harder woods such as poplar by dipping and shaking off excess, normally doing 2 coats for primer sealer. When thinned like this, I think it minimizes grain-raising because it dries so fast. I thin it to the point that when after I shake it off, no paint film remains in the line tie or hook hangers, if that helps, then put it on the dryer for just a few minutes.. I don't measure, just thin it with filtered water until it looks "right". If I had to guess, I'd say I add in the neighborhood of 35% to the volume with water, at least. I've been using this for some time now, and it works quite well.

Dean

To those who don't like it: I wouldn't like it or use it either if I used it undiluted, straight out of the can. It would not work for me at all that way.

To those who diluted it properly and still didn't like it: Fords and Chevys...

To Maddox Bay: Now I'm going to have to re-route the whole !*$?/! trip!!