snooterfish

making wooden lures

I use a scroll saw and a Dremel sanding drum. It's not hard if you stay disciplined and round over the edges equally to keep the bait symetrical. I measure and mark hardwood baits with guidelines for the taper and center line to keep them straight. That also aids in placing the ballast, bill and hook hangers.

:) i'm in for the fun, winter past time and to get an edge on my home lake, the lake is deep and cold, it has hugh walleye, largemouth and smallies, the fish have seen every lure ever made and my son, wife and i use tactisc that have given us a slightedge, we could win 3/4 of the rodeos but we want'em all:angry:

i build custom rods also and i do it for my wife, son and daughter. i do it for receration, the wife and i ran out of excuses for new rods after about 25 , but i seen where she had ordered a few more crankbait rods the other day, since we have gotten into making crankbait's, she helps with the sanding and paint choices and etc. WHAT A Woman!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Richard