bassman843

fluid bed not working right

built my fluid bed tonight doesn't seeem to be working right.I took a 3" pvc coupling glued a flat cap at one end and put a coffe filter and a piece of 3" pvc on the other hooked up the air and it just doesn't seem to work right.the air pump is for 5-10 gallon tank .I used a screw value to hook up the air would that make a difference.

hate to sound like a skipping cd but im telling you guys an allergy pillow case is working great for me. i dont get any powder in my air chamber and the fabric lets the air through just fine. im using an aqua culture 20 to 60 gallon aquarium pump and had to throttle the air back on my two inch by six inch cup. this pump has two air outlets so if needed i could hook up two brass fittings one on each side of pvc coupler and run a pretty big fluid bed. i bought one 240 thread count pillow case for (5.99?) and have only used a six inch circle of it so far. you can make alot of fluid beds out of one pillow case. i have used my fluid bed probably 100 times so far and havent had a problem. just trying to help.

john