Jump to content
new filter fluid bed
6 replies to this topic
Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:25 PM
I leaned how to make my fluid bed here at TU. so you all should know I found a new filter. the brown paper bag you get from the store (sack lunch). it is the best i have found so far. the coffee filter had a lot of problem boiling and geting pluged and making a dust storm. it is the only cheap filter that dose the job right.
I make mine with ABS pipe coupling glued to a flat peace of pipe. and a water valve drilled in the side. ps I have tested it for a while and it still works.
This is for all the problem people are having with the coffee filter.
Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:16 PM
I should be more descriptive. it is the brown paper sack 8" tall 4"x2" square. used for a sack lunch. nice job on the fluid bed donkjc2!!
Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:53 PM
I have Brand New molds of my own design, six patents pending I am looking for a few pros for testing. My 5 inch worms are in a full 8 cavity Mold in two
6x11x12 Alum t6061 plates all sides machined 7.5 hours in the CNC. Weeks of testing and design you sware they are alive! any advise?
Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:32 PM
You are a genious. The bag works 1k times better then the coffee filter.
Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:00 PM
thank you. I have learned alot here I owe every one on this site for all tricks.
Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:11 AM
i dont mean to steal anyones spotlight here and im not sure if it works better or not. after i found out about the diy fluidbed here on TU i started to spend hours on the net searching microfibers. one of the things i came up with was the allergy line of bedsheets and pillowcases and how they meet 5 to 15 micron threads. so off to walmart i went and found some allergy pillowcases 100 percent cotton and 240 thread count for 5.99. it works great and cleans up very nicely. i jsut stick the end of the vaccuum in the cup and suck out any remaining powder after i pour what i didnt use back into there original containers. ive been painting a few jigs here and there and have been changing colors often and i havent had any problems yet. i am ready to permanently glue a piece on the bottom of the cup instead of the wrap around job i have it set up as now. i also stuffed a coffee filter in the coupler air chamber to break the directional flow of air and that seems to keep the air dispersed much better as well. i did a post in the wire bait section and jsut thought id share here as well since it seemed more of a proper spot. this is a great website guys keep up the good work.