kelly

new filter fluid bed

I leaned how to make my fluid bed here at TU. so you all should know I found a new filter. the brown paper bag you get from the store (sack lunch). it is the best i have found so far. the coffee filter had a lot of problem boiling and geting pluged and making a dust storm. it is the only cheap filter that dose the job right.

I make mine with ABS pipe coupling glued to a flat peace of pipe. and a water valve drilled in the side. ps I have tested it for a while and it still works.

This is for all the problem people are having with the coffee filter.

I have Brand New molds of my own design, six patents pending I am looking for a few pros for testing. My 5 inch worms are in a full 8 cavity Mold in two

6x11x12 Alum t6061 plates all sides machined 7.5 hours in the CNC. Weeks of testing and design you sware they are alive! any advise?

i dont mean to steal anyones spotlight here and im not sure if it works better or not. after i found out about the diy fluidbed here on TU i started to spend hours on the net searching microfibers. one of the things i came up with was the allergy line of bedsheets and pillowcases and how they meet 5 to 15 micron threads. so off to walmart i went and found some allergy pillowcases 100 percent cotton and 240 thread count for 5.99. it works great and cleans up very nicely. i jsut stick the end of the vaccuum in the cup and suck out any remaining powder after i pour what i didnt use back into there original containers. ive been painting a few jigs here and there and have been changing colors often and i havent had any problems yet. i am ready to permanently glue a piece on the bottom of the cup instead of the wrap around job i have it set up as now. i also stuffed a coffee filter in the coupler air chamber to break the directional flow of air and that seems to keep the air dispersed much better as well. i did a post in the wire bait section and jsut thought id share here as well since it seemed more of a proper spot. this is a great website guys keep up the good work.

john