kbkindle

kb here with cedar flat side baits

kb getting ready to band saw out a few different styles of cedar flat sided crank baits 1/2' thick want to put in as many rattles i can. i think glass rattles make the most noise. but cant find any thing big enough .the only way i know how is to drill hole from the top of lure toward the bill at a angle and insert. would like a glass rattle only about a little smaller than a 1/2 in' i could drill a hole completely through eye hole and put rattle and then the eyes. any suggestions kb

I think the loudest ones are like Kelly said; drill a hole side to side, smooth the interior and use 2 round pieces of pop can to cover the holes. I epoxy the covers on with 5 min epoxy. Careful not to glue the bead! The glass bead smacking the aluminum covers produces a very distinct noise and puts out good vibration. I'm don't usually want rattles in wood baits (want noise, use a plastic bait!) but the method works very well in hardwood baits and can easily be adapted to various body widths.