miki

Does anyone recognise the manufacturer of these shads

Barlows makes an interesting statement that these injection shad bodies look more realistic than painted ones. They must be talking about Action Plastics stuff. Funny, I think painted hand pours like Mattlure's sunfish are way more realistic looking...just my opinion :whistle:

I also have a mega sized shad body we are going to be producing soon for the Musky market. One is 9" and the other 13" ! The first silicone molds will be ready tomorrow and I'll post my first pour shortly thereafter. I will have the hooks poured into it as well, just need to get the jighead design finished

Just did a few quick pours from our new Shad mould. We had a wooden model carved and painted. Its was covered with RTV silicone in a pine frame, the 13" shad used around 3 pounds of silicone !!! Nil, your right about getting the tail out...the wooden model took lots of care to get the tail section out. Now its time to design a good jighead that can be added when the lures is poured.

Shads 002.jpg

Shads 004.jpg

Shads 002.jpg

Shads 004.jpg

Shads 002.jpg

Shads 004.jpg

Shads 002.jpg

Shads 004.jpg

Shads 002.jpg

Shads 004.jpg

Shads 002.jpg

Shads 004.jpg

Shads 002.jpg

Shads 004.jpg

Shads 002.jpg

Shads 004.jpg

1928_thumb.attach

1929_thumb.attach

Nova, I recently made a two part mold for the same design and I no longer worry about ripping the thin tail connection or leaving half of the boot in the cavity. I suspect you use oil for easier release.

I put the shad on its side into wet POP, grease the surface, and add next layer of plaster. The tail pours fine with one, hot plastic pour because the boot isn't deep in the cavity.

Larger shads are okay; it's only the small slider grubs I have problems with, which is why I'm investigating using RV.

BTW Tubeman, what do you rig those giant muthas on.!

The only time that happened to me Frank was when I scraped my fingernail on the top of the mold.(I coat the top a couple of times to protect from spillage sticking to the POP.)

I've been waiting for something to happen because in my experiance something that is this easy to apply must have a down side.lol Haven't seen it yet though.

www.novalures.com