Husky

In your opiniion, Who get to be on the HIGH COUNCIL!

What threw everybody off was that it was posted in the "hardbait" section when it should have been posted in the "Docks".

www.novalures.com

I rarely post anywhere other than here and was thinking of it being a Hard Bait topic.

As I said, it was meant to promote a helpful scenario, and not to alienate or offend anyone. If I could, I'd withdraw the thread, based upon the path it has taken.

I don't understand. You say it's for everyone but you think it's a hardbait subject?

[:twocents:]The post was for Everyone here, on this forum, which is why I posted it here. Isn't the reason why we have separate, autonymous forums, because each one caters to a different aspect of building? Most Building techniques of interest to most HB guys is not of interest to SB guys. It was targeted to this specific audience. If others wanted to try it elsewhere, that would be their choice. There's nothing to stop them. [/:twocents:]

If the hardbaits guys want to set something up for themselves that's fine; but don't say that it's for everyone on TU then ignore everyone else.

Sorry if that sounds harsh; not meant to be.

But I never said it was intended for everyone on TU and did say that each forum should have their own "GOTO", guys.

www.novalures.com

Husky, I don't know where this thread will go but I would like your opinion and the opinion of several of the guys you listed as to who has some good info on some of the basics, like paint,foil, mold building,foam, dip..

This would help me search their threads for some of the basic info. I can then ask a more intelligent question to the forum. I have got some great responses from everyone and have put them all to use. Searching for the info takes a lot of time when you dont have high speed internet. Husky I know you have a great foil technique and I was trying to find out how or who the raised foil person or persons are. Black Jack helped me out with his acrylic thinner solution. It may have not been his orginally but as far as I'm concerned it's Black Jack Thinner. I would like a PM from anyone who can summerize in their opinion a good list of advisors or go-to people on the site.

We have hired four new maintenance techs at work, the new guy's have to figure out who is doing the work and know who sits on their butts if they want to learn plant operations. Some old dogs are just mechanical some have electrical skills and there are the guys who have both and (as we call it) bust ass to get the equipment back up. The team leaders don't bother calling the guys that drag ass. The new guys have to learn and show effort and progress for 90 days or they hit the street. I get asked questions all the time and take pride in teaching them every thing I know. If I don't then we have got just another body not busting ass and we still have to do the hard work.

hi guys!I have read that post for a few days and think that the idea is good!!But the thing is that there is a lot of defferent lure making styles!!Some here are master carver,other knows a lot about glide baits(like jed)some are realistic paint master,foil master,small baits master,big baits master,polyurethane resin master........and the list goes on!!So I think that theres someone for about every aplication and knowledge here!!NO???In the past year I help a few guys here on what to use for a mold,what realease to use,the difference between foam and feather lite resin....It' s normal!!!It's my thing!!That is what i know better and if I can help it's allways a pleasure for me!!! So I think that whe should mention beside the nick name what is the specialty of everyone!(who as one).

Cheers,Muskydan666

"The fellow From GB with the Polynesian Monicker (Help with his name would be appreciated)."

So, what was the above quote all about then?????

It's about a real good builder from GB who put together some Photo finished foamies that were the cat's meow. You see, you're not the only Board member here from GB. His Monicker was was something like Haluwa, but I don't recall it, precisely. In any event, his work was excellent.

Yes, you all missed the point, but it was very enjoyable watching Husky squirm.

Some of those soap boxes can get a bit slippy.

I don't know where you taking this but you've never seen me squirm. I was just answering, civilly. And why would that was it nice to you? What did I ever do to you?? Just curious..

Let me explain. It's all down to timing. I had just made a fool of myself on another thread and deserved a slap on the wrist.

About five minutes after that, your post arrived, in big bold letters, about the High council and referring to the GB with the poly....

I had just unfairly treated someone. So, with the bold letters meaning angry (in my head), high council meaning who gave me the right to explain site rules, I'm GB, I posted the poly pic....

I haven't been here long enough to know who you were really referring to, I missed the fact that part of your signature is bolt typing (should have picked up on that!).

I guess I just made a fool of myself again and am typing this from the kitchen carpet, where I am wearing out a large bald patch. Sorry Husky! real bad timing.

Let me explain. It's all down to timing. I had just made a fool of myself on another thread and deserved a slap on the wrist.

About five minutes after that, your post arrived, in big bold letters, about the High council and referring to the GB with the poly....

I had just unfairly treated someone. So, with the bold letters meaning angry (in my head), high council meaning who gave me the right to explain site rules, I'm GB, I posted the poly pic....

I haven't been here long enough to know who you were really referring to, I missed the fact that part of your signature is bolt typing (should have picked up on that!).

I guess I just made a fool of myself again and am typing this from the kitchen carpet, where I am wearing out a large bald patch. Sorry Husky! real bad timing.

No hard feelings here. Perhaps I should have explained my proposal more clearly. Kahawai put out 3 unbelieveably beautiful plugs.:yay: Too bad they're made for Musky's and now he's in Singapore.:lol: Surely, they'd catch there too!

I nominate EVERYONE here!!! I learn from all of you and I thank you all for sharing whatever tidbit of lure making experience you have offered.

I've had help with specifics such as glider weighting and such when I got started but since then I've been influenced by many of the talented folks here even if it may not show in my actual lures. It's the motivation to keep on pushing the envelope and to stay humble. There's always someone out there who can humble you no matter how good you get at something.

husky you seem to target the new guys who need advise on making baits.I been making baits for 17 years or so and I still have questions from time to time.The last forum that i used to talk at slowly became a bragging board and everyone started think as the new guy as a bother to them for asking questions on building. And that was the reason that I came here. Tu is a placewhere everyone helps everyome and thats what I love about it. Yes there are builders here whos work I think is outstanding and watch their work as they post. Not to put people on a pedestal but just enjoy their work people like rowhunter, snax, fatfingers, and jr hopkins just off the top of my head. The list is to long for me to type out everyones name whos work I watch closely. So lets not not point fingers at who should help the new guys and who shouldnt. Lets let TU do what it does best and lets everyone have some input because nobody knows everything there is to know about building.:yay::yay:

I will say that my personal favorite lure maker is John Hopkins and it's not because no one else is as talented. I just appreciate some of the innovative ways he constructs his swimbaits and of course his painting skills are phenomenal also.

Hey, we've all got to admire someone and he's one that really has inspired me to up my own game. Then again, the list is very long of the many others here who I also respect and whos talents amaze me.

Keep on sharing the information everyone. It's made us all better lure makers.:yay:

Starting the season out right this year and the first opening home win in 4 years!

And did you guys watch all of the fantastic comebacks and high scoring games! Wow great weekend for football!

And Monday night, geeze you couldn't get much better unless you were on the loosing side!

And yes Legend Boats are awesome, you think your lures have great epoxy jobs, you should see these boats in person. No lack of artwork here, 3 color fades, multiple running surface, deck color choices.....

OK lets talk the good aspects of TU and why we all keep posting and coming back. And to all of those who have posted and provided the rookies like me any information and feedback thanks! :yay:

Thanks to one and all except perhaps The Rookie! :nono: He just makes me sick when watching him air brush! And those baits, tank testing, etc. he just has no passion, and such a yacker! Must be a Yankee fan lost in the South. :P Or maybe he is a salesman, oh yeah that's it..

Just kidding, someone mentioned a bit above about when you get a chance to meet folks in person... well you can learn a lot and so fast versus the trial and error. We all hang out on TU to share and learn. But yes The Rookie has skills, so let's move on and just get over this High Council bit.

husky you seem to target the new guys who need advise on making baits.I been making baits for 17 years or so and I still have questions from time to time.The last forum that i used to talk at slowly became a bragging board and everyone started think as the new guy as a bother to them for asking questions on building. And that was the reason that I came here. Tu is a placewhere everyone helps everyome and thats what I love about it. Yes there are builders here whos work I think is outstanding and watch their work as they post. Not to put people on a pedestal but just enjoy their work people like rowhunter, snax, fatfingers, and jr hopkins just off the top of my head. The list is to long for me to type out everyones name whos work I watch closely. So lets not not point fingers at who should help the new guys and who shouldnt. Lets let TU do what it does best and lets everyone have some input because nobody knows everything there is to know about building.:yay::yay:

I was going to let this all pass, but for clarification purposes, here goes; The only reason I posted this initially was to point guys in the right direction, not to Diefy anyone. i.e. Guys like Riverman who specializes in Gliders can save many a future Glider builder from stumbling through a costly and fruitless trial and error period. Tigger, Rowman and Vince have taken Finishing to new high levels, so folks who want to know "Which Top Coat is Best" could ask them what they use or search their posts for advice. They've all, to a one, have given freely so I ASSUMED they would be willing to share in the future. La Pala carves like very few can and could give some very helpful pointers for those who like to whittle.

Also, I thought anyone who had a special field of expertise, like ETCH, our resident Frog Man, could be tapped for some helpful hints in spawning new frog men.

IOW's it wasn't to raise those mentioned to a "Higher" level, board wise, but to give folks not familiar with them, a place to begin research a source of Counsel.

If I stepped on anyones toes, be assured it wasn't the intention I had when I had the thought.

Again, apologies if I misstated my intentions. I've correctly retitled the thread to clarify it's intentions.

Edited by Husky