Donnie Poore

lure drying wheel

20 posts in this topic

New to this, just joined back again. Man I need a drying wheel bad. Is there anywhere I can buy one or is there someone that I can pay to make me one? Right now my arms are my drying wheel.

Mylures    2

I tried to upload a few pictures of my portable drying rack but I keep getting an error message. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Ken

drying rack3.jpg

drying rack3.jpg

drying rack3.jpg

drying rack3.jpg

drying rack3.jpg

drying rack3.jpg

drying rack3.jpg

drying rack3.jpg

1940_thumb.attach

Mylures    2

Hey Goldenshinner, yes by rotating the lures end over end that keeps the clearcoat from sagging down to one end. Works great. :)

Mylures    2

I used a small 110v synchronous motor that I took out of an old Micro wave oven. Make sure its 110v. They are marked on the back of the motor. Then I had someone turn a shaft adaptor for the size of the motor shaft on one end and the wheel holder which is a cut off carriage bolt with a wingnut to hold it tight. Under the shaft coupler I glued a V block to help support the wheel. Also you have to make sure you keep the wheel load balanced as this is a small motor. Any questions, feel free to ask. I hope this helped. Ken.

synchronous_motor__6.jpg

synchronous_motor__6.jpg

synchronous_motor__6.jpg

synchronous_motor__6.jpg

synchronous_motor__6.jpg

synchronous_motor__6.jpg

synchronous_motor__6.jpg

synchronous_motor__6.jpg

1943_thumb.attach

Skullcrusher    10

I was just looking at some of these dring wheels. I was thinking that I do have an old BBQ rotisarie motor laying around. I was thinking of making a few plugs for myself and the info I found here is very helpful. Thanx guys.

jgrick    10

Hey Mylures..I am new to this forum... Thanks for the idea... I have an old rotissirre motor from a charcoal grill that ought to work great for turning it.. I was planning on a different idea but your is much simpler and ought to work just as good.. I was wondering what you were using to hold the lures on it.. And, is that pvc tubing? Thanks.. Rick

Mylures    2

jgrick, yes I use pvc pipe to hold the lures. In the wood wheels I drill a hole to hold pvc end caps. I then screw them tight offcentered so they can't turn on you. On the other end of the pvc pipe I pound in a short piece of wood dowel. Then drive a finishing nail into the dowel. Grind the head end to a nice taper and you can install your lure where the back eyescrew goes later on. Hope this helps.. Ken

Mylures    2

I am using envirotex lite. Its alot of work and takes along time to set up but I like the end results. Thanks and good luck. Ken

5Keepers    10

My lure drying system: Total cost about $28.00

Rotisserie attachement new from Wal-Mart w/tax -$21.42. Box of screw eyes about $3.00. Wood from around the shop -$0. Wood screws to hold it all together - $3.00. Time - 4 hrs. Very low RPM. Use different length springs for different baits. The wheel away from the motor is distance adjustable. The end support is just a hole in the wood. There is play in the shaft to eliminate binding. Rotates GREAT!!

5Keepers@gmail.com for more info.

Rotis6.jpg

Rotis7.jpg

Rotis6.jpg

Rotis7.jpg

Rotis6.jpg

Rotis7.jpg

Rotis6.jpg

Rotis7.jpg

Rotis6.jpg

Rotis7.jpg

Rotis6.jpg

Rotis7.jpg

Rotis6.jpg

Rotis7.jpg

Rotis6.jpg

Rotis7.jpg

1959_thumb.attach

1960_thumb.attach

philB    10

Pete

Great piece of improvised equipment I love it. Just shows you dont have to go and spend a fortune to get the job done.

philB