Husky

A tribute to Kahawai's work

15 posts in this topic

WOW!!! Thanx Husky. You are absolutely right. Three pages of the finest cast and superb paint jobs I've seen in a very long time. The realism is incredible!!! If I ever get to the point of wanting to use foam, I know what the benchmark is. Now, I have to go and scrub the green from my envy....:lol:

Oldthunder

www.eaglelures.com

Man..that guy can humble me in a second..Thanks for the post Husky..Nathan

Hold on, hold on! Is this what its come to? Are we going to allow guys to take live fish and put hook hangers in the bellies and tails and call them lures?

Incredible work. They look like he could lower them into the water and they'd swim away.

kahawai used to post on here a while ago,he's an english guy who's now moved to the far east as i remember and from what he said he was stopping making the lures but i may be wrong on that,but as you've all said truely a very gifted builder

Very nice work! Now you say "foamies". are they injected into a mold, or carved out of foam? Thanks. Nice paint too!

Very nice work! Now you say "foamies". are they injected into a mold, or carved out of foam? Thanks. Nice paint too!

Jason, he made the models out of wood,(That's where the true art is) then made a silicon mold from the models. Then he used expanding urethane foam, 15 lb density, in the molds. (You half fill the molds and it will expand, taking on the molds detail.) It's about as hard as maple when done correctly.

Some of them are photo finished over foil others are painted. In any case, the end results are spectacular on all of them.

I think my jaw dislocated when it dropped. Those were simply amazing! I hope he didn't stop building, and I hope he comes back here.

"King" he is! Those are awesome, I think he missed his calling though. He should be a taxidermist, LOL. Thanks for showing us these Husky.

He's moved to Singapore now and I believe he has stopped making lures for the time-being. Hopefully he'll start again in the future. I'm lucky enough to own 5 of his creations and can tell you they swim just as good as they look.

:yay:

Husky, was this the same guy who posted under the username "Peter" before the crash? These lures are awesome; I think Peter put up a bluegill foamie on here that would at least qualify him as prince.