StoneCoal Tackle

My idea of a 'Pure Folkart' bait.........

I don't know if any of you all are into this or not but here is a bait I finished recently.

When I think of 'Folkart' I think of using whatever you can scavenge to make a piece of art or something useful. So here is what I did with my favorite paint brush when it finally wore out.

This BHM (Brush Handle Minnow) is 6-1/4 inches long and sports minimal carving, 7mm glass eyes in the factory hanging hole, a handmade copper prop, 1/0 trebles and three belly weights. I'm not sure what you would call the folkart pattern, maybe 'Pea#### Pike'? :lol: LOL

My plan is to wear this thing out this summer as I attempt to dredge up a muskie or two on my local river.

Comments welcome, good or bad!

daymon

bhm 004c.jpg

bhm 004c.jpg

bhm 004c.jpg

bhm 004c.jpg

bhm 004c.jpg

bhm 004c.jpg

bhm 004c.jpg

bhm 004c.jpg

1932_thumb.attach

I really like it!

Question, I'm just about to have a go at making a prop.

Like on the brush minnow, I'm going to solder a copper or brass blade to a piece of tube, to stop the blade from flopping about.

Are their any other issues or tricks that I need to know?

I was thinking about a very small washer glued to the end of the body to act as a bearing plate at the front and glued to the hook eye at the back.

Any advice would be appreciated to cut down the learning curve.

I really like it!

Question, I'm just about to have a go at making a prop.

Like on the brush minnow, I'm going to solder a copper or brass blade to a piece of tube, to stop the blade from flopping about.

Are their any other issues or tricks that I need to know?

I was thinking about a very small washer glued to the end of the body to act as a bearing plate at the front and glued to the hook eye at the back.

Any advice would be appreciated to cut down the learning curve.

I use a PEM nut out of the mcmaster book. They press in and act like a bearing.

Thanks guys for the compliments, it means a lot coming from guys. In answer to a few of your comments; Vodkaman, this prop was made just like that, by soldering a tube into the hand cut copper propeller, and although it doesn't show up well in the pic it rides against a cone washer epoxied to the nose.

Fatfingers, I have used pop rivets for tubes too and they work pretty well. And Spare, I'll have to check out McMasters for those nuts.

Again thanks for the encouraging words.