Fish_N_Fool

Best investment I ever made

I picked up a laser temperature gun off Ebay a year ago or so and I just love it.

I got the Raytek minitemp and it takes temps from -20 to 500 deg F using a laser beam pointer. I use it for all kinds of stuff, but mainly for pouring my soft plastics. It has made my pouring much more accurate in temp so I get better baits and I burn less plastic. I see temp guns have gone down in price to the point every hand pourer should have one. They are going for about $30 on Ebay now, less then half of that I paid for mine some 2 years ago or less

Here's the one I have

Lazartemp.jpg

Just wondering if any of you guys are using one and if so how many of you? If your not you should be!!!!!!!! and thats my :twocents:

Fishy out

I bought one about 6 months ago. I returned it because I wanted to use it to measure the temp of my lead and it would not work. I called the company and it had somthing to do with the surface of the lead, mainly the color. Then I tried it on my vulcanizer and the surface of it was silver color like the lead. The guy at the company of the temp gun said if i painted the surface of the vulcanizer brown it would be more acurate.

I really wanted it to work but it wouldn't work for me.

you must stir the plastic to get an accurate temp as the top pf the plastic will cool much more quickly. I stir mine while taking the temp reading and it is VERY accurate. While stiring I use the highest temp reading I get as the real tempature of the mix. I pour my molds at 360 deg. and get a perfect fill of the baits everytime.