MR KNOW IT ALL KIND OF

Permatex!! Permaoxy Epoxy!! IS THIS GOOD!!

Hey guys I know their are 100 post on this subject but I havent found one about Permatex Permaoxy I think its same thing as decvon 2 ton.. I just went fishing today.. And one of my lures bubbled up after I caught a fish.. The epoxy just peeled right off the bait.. Never has happened to me before.. Was it me!! THE EPOXY I USED!! BAD MIX!!! BAD COVERAGE on the LURE!!! DIDNT WAIT LONG ENOUGH TO CURE!! (waited 24 hours then when fishing with it) Use wrong type 5 min cure.. Think maybe I should have used the 30 min... WHERE DO YOU ALL GET DECVON 2 TON!!! I look it up and only find Permatex... at Walmart Auto Zone etc.. Permatex is same company as Decvon I think... WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK IS THE BEST CLEAR COAT HANDS DOWN!!!

FROM SAFTEY!!! CANCER WARNING SCARE ME!! DURIBILITY!! DONT WANT IT TO MESS UP AFTER ONE DAY OF CASTING!!! Ease of use!! Epoxy is a pain in the butt to put on the lure.. Plus it sticks to my contacts at night after I take them out!!!

What you guys think!!!

I'm amazed that you got a coating of 5 min Devcon on a lure before it hardened! Can't comment about Permatex but I always find double syringes of Devcon 2 Ton at Walmart just beside the Devcon 5 min stuff. $1.99 at the store near me. Works geat, durable and it levels out on the lure beautifully. Good luck next time around!

I always use the Devcon two ton and I find it at Walmart in the paint section of the store. I like to let it set for at least 24 hours after I apply it to a surface. In a ambient temperature over 65 degrees. The surface you apply to has to be clean and dry. I always mix for at least a minute which leaves some bubbles . I mix on a sheet of Plexiglas with a stir stick preferably plastic, After mixing , I let sit for two to three minutes and then blow on the mound of material on the Plexiglas. This causes the bubbles to rise to the surface. I would rather mix a little to much than not enough.

My final coat I put on by hand with my fingers and place the lure on the drying wheel. Cleanup is done with rubbing alcohol and a rag. I know some of the guys dilute the epoxy with strait alcohol and brush on. The dry time is a little longer because the alcohol has to evaporate.