• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lure buddy

lure buddy

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:46 PM

I just bought my first air brush and am going to start to paint my own crankbaits. What type of paint should I use vinyl etc...? Any help would be great.

#2 StoneCoal Tackle

StoneCoal Tackle

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:48 PM

Hey lure buddy, I'm a rattle can man and don't own an airbrush but I see a lot of folks here are using Createx paints. Do a search of past posts and I think you'll find a wealth of paint info. Hope this helps.

#3 Tr186

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:39 AM

dj is correct. Do a search on Createx and you will find more info than you need. C-tex is already thinned for your airbrush. I would suggest going to your local hobby shop and at least get a few basic colors of C-tex. You can also use the cheaper acrylic paints from Wal-Mart but you will have to thin them. If you already have some C-tex you will know about how thin you need it. Windex is good to thin with. Also use a paint filter or an old pair of your wife's panty hose to strain the cheaper paint.
You asked about "vinyl", I think you will find the general concensus on here will be to use acrylic. It is water based and easy to clean up. Use a top coat of devcon and you are set.
Hope this helps.