miketr20

Mixing Createx paints?

I mix them all the time... BUT!!!! I NEVER REMEMBER HOW I GOT TO THAT COLOR!!! SO I JUST save a little bit... and try to rematch it later when I need more....WAY MORE FUN THAT WAY!!! PLUS AFTER YOU SPEND A FEW HOURS DUMPING IN SOME BLACK THEN SOME WHITE THEN A LITTLE OF THIS AND A LITTLE OF THAT... Once you get it!!! Your so excited...Makes you feel like you did something... Or you could just write it down the first time and keep it saved in your computer... But thats no fun!!

The Rookie

might i sugest mixing primary pigents instead of paints. they are cheeper to buy in bulk, and might represent a better final product. no binder, so you can mix into any system you prefer. larger paint stores sometimes sell them. I was just at sherwin williams. I think the bottles I was looking at were around 16oz and each pigment had its own price from around $12 on the low side to over $35 for the expensive pigments. once the concentrated pigment is mixed into your binder, each bottle could represent hundreds of gallons of finished paint. they are more than thin enough to airbrush. I myself am trying to get into something a little more durable. as i pound my lures hard. and failure(ie paint chipping) is just not fun after you put somuch time into a good working lure. Water basedd Acrylics are the safest to use, but for durability I think im headed towards more of the automobile side of enamles, acrylic enamels or even epoxis(insainly tough as they react and set up)......just my 2 cents