Frank Rizo

Funny things that fish eat!!

On the flipside,

I was at Marine World and watched the workers feed the animals in the small ponds and exhibits around the park. There was a small long legged water bird that picked up a small food pellet and as he walked around the waters edge he would drop it in the water and eat the small minnows that would come up for the pellet. He then would pick it up and move to another spot. Had it been a natural pond, he might have been lunch.

This is just a crazy(True) story about what the fish ate i was fishing at a little pond and im reelin in my lure and all of a sudden a largemouth bass hits. So i bring him in, but my dad is all the way on the other side of the pond and he wants to see it so with the fish still hooked i let him back in the water. Once my dad is about 15 feet away the fish just went crazy splishin and splashin and im like " what the heck" so with an even bigger fight i bring him in. But while the bass was out in the water another 17 incher was jelous of the 1st bass's catch and went for the lure as well. when i got the fish on the shore i saw what had happened one 17 incher on the front hook and another 17 incher on the back. 2 fish for 1 lure. true story it was funny to see

When I was about 14 I used bacon and dough balls as my regular at a farm pond. It usually caught catfish and bluegill. I ran out of bait so I started looking around the shore for something to use. I found a very old and weathered ciggarette butt. I joked about using it and my friend convinced me to put it on . I could not stop the blue gill assalt that followed. The fibers of the butt made it hard to remove so I caught a dozen or so before it came off. just strange.huh.gif