rofish

Vertical wobble?

6 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have made a small crankbait, so small that I could not find a place for a second hook tie. Went to the water, and foud out that the crankbait has a vertical wobble, omething like a horse at full speed. I can tell you it is not a matter of lip shape, because all the lips I have tried had about the same action on the lure, only that the one I have chosen seems to have a more accurate action.

I know there are crankbaits with such actionon the market. What I do not know is wether such action triggers or not the feeding action of the fish. Anyone knows something about?

I think the up/down is probably due to having the line tie so far up from the surface of the lip. Who can say what bass will bite?, but I have best luck fishing baits with what I feel is a more natural side-to-side action.

If you dressed that treble with a few short strands like a spinner bait skirt and an umbrella collar, you will have a heck of a small frog bait to throw around boat docks. Imade some small ones just for that, but yours probably have a better frog action.

If you dressed that treble with a few short strands like a spinner bait skirt and an umbrella collar, you will have a heck of a small frog bait to throw aroung boat docks. Imade some small ones just for that, but yours probably have a better frog action.

dock frogs.jpg

dock frogs.jpg

dock frogs.jpg

dock frogs.jpg

dock frogs.jpg

dock frogs.jpg

dock frogs.jpg

dock frogs.jpg

1956_thumb.attach

IMO, the action that you are seeing is due to 2 factors. One, the placement of the line tie as mentioned earlier. Two, it doesnt appear that you have a ballast weight, so that is going to change the action also.

I forgot to say that the lure is a floating one, and has a ballast weight in the belly, a very small one, of course, due to the size of the bait. The 2 twisted wire ties go parallel inside the body, and have a length which is almost the length of the lure. These wire ties add weight, so in order to have a floating lure, I had to add only a tiny piece of lead in the belly.