snooterfish

"between coats"

Without flash drying it with a hair dryer, it's hard to say because temp and humidity determine drying time, as well as what brand and how thick you shoot the paint. Wet on wet paint has no effect except it takes longer to dry and there's more chance of ruining the job by touching it or pushing paint around on the lure with your airbrush during the next color shot. A hair dryer makes things a lot faster and goof-free.

Alot depends on the kind of paint you use. I use Createx auto-air and heat set after each color (30 seconds until gloss is dull). I've had clear coat problems with the paint not heat set even after letting it air dry overnight. If using lacquers you won't need the heat gun and can go from one color to the next, one of it's advantages. Cliff

Yep, paint type makes a big difference. With rattle cans often I will only wait a few seconds before a second color (long enough to pick up the second can and rattle it really good). But that's partly because I need them to blend better. Like BobP said, if you've got wet on wet you're more likely to accidentally screw it up before you get a good topcoat on.