Yake Bait

Fins

5 posts in this topic

I have seen some really nice paint work with fins on the side of the bait. Wondering what the techniques are for doing this. Tried this on my last bait and it fell somewhat short of my expectations.

If you have a program like paint shop pro, you can make fins with water slide decal paper. Apply your clear coat. Let it dry. Then apply the decal before applying your next clear coat. Otherwise, auto detailers use fine line brushes to create lines as thin as a hair. That could be another option. Never tried it though.

OK, it's not nearly as spectacular as the ones you are speaking of but on this popper index.php?n=499 I added a little bit of fin and gill detail with an ultra fine Sharpie marker before clear coating. A better artist could probably do a lot of cool stuff with one.

I think some of them make a stencil, spray throught it, and then come back and add thin rib-like lines. Just a guess tho.

RM

I was asking the same question. I tried to photo finish just the fin, but couldn't quite get the colors to match up. I thought that might be how, but now I'm not sure.