F1shohol1c

Base Hole Pins

I use the ones that are provided and I have used the back side of a drill bit and they work fine for creating a hole to glue the weedguards in afterward. I just wanted to ask: Is it normal that they are VERY difficult to get out?

I have to bend it back and forth and wiggle, and wiggle some more, then bend, then.... you get the idea. Takes me a while for each one. I'm using pliers so I don't stab myself with the hook. Is there something I am missing here? Is there something that can be applied to the pins to have them come out easier? It seems I am making the hole bigger by having to wiggle the pins to get them out. Am I just way off on this?

Any suggestions are welcome...

Thanks from this newb

Fishohol1c, I have that problem with my poison tail jigs. I do know that if let's say you use a drill bit, if you put it all the way in to the hook, it will be harder to take out, due to more surface area of lead melted around the drill bit. The only solution I have found to this is this. Take a pair of long nose or regular pliers, and grab the base pin on the shaft, and twist it inside the jig. Not side to side, just a turning motion, so you don't open up the hole. Make sure your pliers have good teeth to grab the base hole pin.

I only put a few drops on a small piece of paper towel and then wipe it on the end of the pull pin; it's not leaving more than a very light film of oil and that will be burned/wore off over the next dozen jigheads. I re-apply when pulling the pin gets difficult again. I haven't had any noticable problems with powder paint. What little oil there is is inside the weedguard hole.

I taping oil on the pull pins. any light oil will work. I use a flame to heat my jigs to paint most of the time unless i am doing production. there has not been any problems. the pull pins might have deformed ends if you can buff the ends with a buffer or a dremel. it tends to make the slip out if there is still a problem taper them using light sand paper twisting back and forth. don't forget to buff them after.