snooterfish

'crankbaits"

Thats pretty normal IMO. Keep a sketchbook & pencil on the nite stand, it helps greatly in case you fall back asleep and the ideas get lost. The bride isnt too crazy about the lights being turned on at 4 AM, but she gets over it. Congrats on the catching part also, makes the hand & mental labor worthwhile.

I think you have the same illness that many of us have. I am not sure if it has a clinical name yet, but if someone has been diagnosed with it please let us know. If there is not a name for it yet then I think we need to come up with a name. Any Ideas?

Doesn't it feel great when the fish like one of your baits and everything seems to be going your way.:yay:

I'm not sure if it is an illness after all. It seems more like a therapy, but that might be a side effect of the illness.

What causes it? Is it an endorphin rush, the saw dust, epoxy and solvents? I think it comes before the epoxy and solvents but I don't know what it is.

It is absolutely normal for a crankbait maker to be an abnormal person. My wife, my colleagues, have already noticed that.

For a few months now, I was unable to finish some work I have to do, to win some extra money, because when I go home from my job, I cannot think of anything else but crankbaits. I may have a severe form of this ilness which has not been baptized by doctors yet.

So it seems you are at the beginning of your ilness devlopement. Be aware, the worse has not come yet :lol:

We call it "Lure- Itis", a degenerative, inflammatory condition caused by synapse mis-firings in the creative regions of the brain. The condition typically worsens over time. Some of the associated spin-off conditions of the disease are EWS (empty wallet syndrome), ventilator face, splinters, hand arthritis, ect...there are no known cures, however temporary relief can be found with on the water treatment. The prognosis is bleak and usually terminal.

Speaking of, I've gotta get back to fostering my illness, peace.