Codgeman13

Lexan

I get mine from mcmaster carr, a mail order place that has a website. If you can't find the website pm me and I'll find it for you. They carry all sizes. As for weights on my crankbait, I use a weight with a ring on it for like drop shotting. This works fine for larger crankbaits plus has the hook hanger already in.

I also get 1/16" polycarbonate from mcmaster.com, in 1'x1' sheets. Mcmaster-Carr has better than average prices, good service, and they also carry G-10, G-11 circuit board (only yellow color however) and various wires (I like their soft stainless steel and soft brass for line ties).

Split shot will work fine for weighting the bait. Drill and drop, glue it in place. If you're doing a thru-wire bait, make your lead holes on the inside of both halves near the bottom of the belly while the body is split. That way you don't have to worry about filling a drill hole when you reassemble the halves with lead inside.

There was another recent thread discussing filling the drilled hole so that it is not noticeable.

I agree with Woodie and Bman, I contacted a place that mkes signs in my area a while back and the guy said he had some scrap, I went down to get it and my gosh he gave me 11 sheets of 1/16th 1' wide and 4' long. Needless to say that has lasted awhile. He also is a fisherman so I offered in trade a few baits. Cant get much cheaper than that and that thrilled me to death. I'm a tight&%^ anyhow.

Its worth a phone call or two.:twocents: