OzarkAssassin

Which Top Coat to use

I am having a hardtime finding a high gloss top coat that will dry hard enough on my plastic stick baits. I am repainting my old stickbaits with water-based paints, and I have tried a high gloss poly urethane, and I have tried a spray can Urethane finish that they use on car door jams. None of them seem to be drying hard enough. I have waited a few days after application, and I can scratch it off with my fingernail. The baits are suspending lures.

While I'm on the topic, if anyone knows the best way to stip paint off of plastic stick baits, I'd like to know your methods as well.

Thanks

I can't help you on the clear coat, but I may be able to help you with the paint removal. Try Castrol Super Clean. I don't have much experience in crankbaits, but I have a ton of experience in model building, and it always worked wonders stripping paint off of styrene. Something to try anyway. I hope that helped you some.

The top coat that I found that works best with Createx and anyother water based paint is Max Clear from Polymer Composites out of California. You can spray, dip or brush it on with no worries or problems. It is a water based Polyurethane and cleans up in a jiffy. If you want more info just PM me.

Oldthunder

www.eaglelures.com

Life is too short...Fish Hard!!!