t_miller316

What colors do i mix to get chartruese

16 posts in this topic

t_miller316    10

i want chart. and have a color wheel but doesn't give any ideas. this is about the only color i can't figure out with trial and error. any help will be appreciated. thanks

t_miller316    10

thanks for the replies. i mixed some green and yellow and it looks ok i guess but not what i was looking for. i found some citrus green and banana yellow and they turned out perfect to what i was looking for. thanks again for all the help.

BobP    808

Yeah, a little too much green and you got Greentreuse. I think most guys use neon yellow and consider that chartreuse. Maybe it isn't, but I like it better because it's brighter.

Jaraal    14

Paint a light yellow base and then you paint a very thinned green over that. You can get a very sick "shining through" colour by doing this. Experiment!

FishPork    0

I use apple barrel/Sunflower over pearl base coat then as mentioned a light light mist of light green.apple barrel also has a brite brite yellow that is pretty close out of the bottle.

t_miller316    10

to those that use the apple barrel paints at what ratio do you mix paint to water to air brush those paints. i always seem to either get it too thin or too thick. i can keep trying to get it right but sure would be easier if someone alrady knows and thanks for all the replies.