Joebass

Pearl White Recipe

I use Lurecraft's Pearl White powder. Remember to keep the tempurature at the lowest possible pouring point to prevent burning even slight burning will make the baits yellow. Do not add any colored oil attractant either use only the pearl powder. Hope this helps you.

Scott

BAssKickin Baits

I had a problem with Lure Craft's pearl white yellowing with high heat. A couple years ago, I switched to MF pearl and haven't had any problems since. It's a brilliant white and stays that way for a LONG time. The only thing that will discolor it (as Nova mentioned) is various glitters.

I, too, am having discoloring problems. I will try the tips above this weekend but I have a question for Chris.

Which M-F product are you using? I don't see a white pearl powder and in

Liquid color I see:

13 iridescent pearl

14 pearlescent

Point of interest regarding Cal's post.

I used LC liquid pearl and a drop of their white and it turned into sweet potato. It didn't smell burnt and I like the color but didn't write it down so I don't know if it repeats.

Thanks, Dave

I had a similar problem when heating on a hot plate with white/pearl coloured plastic, the first few batched were fine and they gradualy got yellower until my last pours looked more like a piss colour!

I solved this by simply adding heat staberlizer! ok if you leave the pan on the hot plate for half an hour or so the plastic colours slightly but not as bad. Also using a few drops of heat staberlizer has the added bonus of making cleaning the pots so easy! plastic just peels out and doesn't stick in the pan.

Simon

I agree with Als, M-F liquid pearl is easy to use and i've found it easier to regulate than pearl powder. It doesn't take much and along with a few drops of white, you get a nice bright-white pearl plastic.

Like most plastic reheats, after the 3rd reheat, expect a little tinting.

I use 20 drops MF Pearlescent and 3 drops MF White in 4oz Super Soft.

I learned the hard way to put a 1/4in nut in the pearl (all colors actually)to help it mix. My bottle was almost half gone before I did this, so you may not need as much pearl. But I like lots of pearl.

Frank is right on, use the microwave but the third time you will notice it start to color.

I agree with Als, M-F liquid pearl is easy to use and i've found it easier to regulate than pearl powder. It doesn't take much and along with a few drops of white, you get a nice bright-white pearl plastic.

Like most plastic reheats, after the 3rd reheat, expect a little tinting.

Hey Frank,

Actually I meant MF's pearl powder. I have never tried the pearlescent liquid. Sounds like I should!

Yea, I knew that's what you meant and have used both, but I like the liquid better for it's ease of use and because it's cheaper to use in the long run IMO. A little goes a long way!

Note: don't expect LC's amber pearl powder to be yellowish; it's a copper pearl.

Just to let everyone know what I came up with. One problem I had was the Lees Pot. I couldn't control the heat well enough to keep the plastic from yellowing. So I stated pouring just from the Pyrex after heating in a microwave. For 4 oz of plastic I used 20 drops (MF) Pearlesent and 7 drops of (MF) White and 4 drops of Heat Stablizer. Its a little whiter than MDC's, but the fish like it! Thanks again everyone...

MF liquid pearlescent is the way to go. Not only great in white baits but others as well where you want a pearl tint without the additional color, purples and translucent colors are great to use with the straight pearl

Heat white on lower temps, also since i switched to metalic chrome and silver flake, no bleed problems in the white baits. very nice stuff indeed