Codgeman13

Airbrush

Hey everyone,

I am pretty new to lure making, and have made my first couple of cranks. I am looking for a cheap good airbrush. I have been on ebay and stuff, but dont really know what all I am lookin at. I know it has been reccomended that I get a dual action brush, but other than that I am clueless. I have a buddy of mine willing to paint my first couple, but I would like to start painting them myself. If anyone can point me in the right direction, or has an older one they might be willing to part with let me know. Thanks.

You might try Bear Air, they carry most airbrush names and plenty of different models throughout the price range. I believe they will also send you a video on learning to airbrush, which will be useful to you. Picking one is a matter of preference, but since you have no experience with one, my recommendation would be a Paasche VL. It is a dual action brush which I have found relatively easy to use. A full kit runs around $60 from Bear, which is a decent price. Others on this board will have their favorites to recommend. www.bearair.com

Good Luck in choosing one, you will enjoy the experience!