tad

mold material?????

Is there anything out there that I can make clear hard molds with. Like some of the ones netcraft sells. They look like lexan. It sure would be nice to be able to see how well the pour is forming with 2 part molds. If the pour is starting out bad a person to abort the pour and start over. It would also make it easier to make multiple color pours and make baits with a soft tail plastic and a saltwater plastic for the head portion such as mann's hard nose baits. Any ideas fellow pourers. Thanks for any input..

I have several of the netcraft molds...unless they've changed they are injection molded from cheap plastic about like lure boxes...it crazes and cracks when contacted by hot plastic. I've successfully used plexiglass to make two part molds for hand injection...hand "machined" with dremel tool and coated with Elmer's glue they work great and have lasted for years. I've tried to post a photo with this reply without success.