superduperdan

fiberglass?

hi there, ive been reading the post on this site for quite a while now and havent posted anything yet. ive learned a lot about making my own baits and have started some....i was wondering if anyone has made there own lips out of fiberglass cloth for boat repair. if i made a flat piece on a cookie sheet or something like that do u think it would be thin enough to work but not so thin it would break?

Dan, circuit board is fiberglass cloth or other substrate material, plus resin, cured under high pressure and temperature. You can try but unless you have a way of applying pressure/heat, the end result will not be as uniform or as strong as circuit board. At about $4-6, you can make lots of lips out of a one square foot piece of circuit board, and polycarbonate (aka Lexan) is similarly priced. Me, I'd save the glass cloth and resin for when I punched a hole in my hull while fishing crankbaits in a stump field :)