Riverrat

Circuit Board lips ?

I have a small business and deal with circuit board alot. I have been making my own spinnerbaits and jigs for sometime now and have been noticing these circuit board lips for cranks are popping up every where. How thick are these lips .125? .062? They also seem to be kinda pricy! I have a clicker press in my shop that does not have a lot of work for it. I also have a very good company that I get my dies from that could make the shapes of these lips easy. If I bought a few dies I could possibly cut these out at a cheaper price then what I have seen advertised. Any info on what type of circuit board they are using and most popular shapes would be a big help. Just wondering if this would be worth wild to take on.

I have a small business and deal with circuit board alot. I have been making my own spinnerbaits and jigs for sometime now and have been noticing these circuit board lips for cranks are popping up every where. How thick are these lips .125? .062? They also seem to be kinda pricy! I have a clicker press in my shop that does not have a lot of work for it. I also have a very good company that I get my dies from that could make the shapes of these lips easy. If I bought a few dies I could possibly cut these out at a cheaper price then what I have seen advertised. Any info on what type of circuit board they are using and most popular shapes would be a big help. Just wondering if this would be worth wild to take on.

.031 seems about right.

Thanks guys for the info.

Hey Husky where in NH are ya. I live on the CT river just north of Springfield Launch. Ever make it over this way? Great smallie fishing!!

Merrimack, NH. Thanks for the invite, I'll keep it in mind. Are you fishing Boat or shore based?

Mike P

I have a small 17' alum Triton with a 50hp. Big enough for my wallet. I fish Southern Vt Bass club. Alot on the River and Champlain. I fish strippers a few times a year down at the mouth of the Merrimack. My buddy fished NEBA Tournys in NH last year. Are you in a bass club at all?

I have a small 17' alum Triton with a 50hp. Big enough for my wallet. I fish Southern Vt Bass club. Alot on the River and Champlain. I fish strippers a few times a year down at the mouth of the Merrimack. My buddy fished NEBA Tournys in NH last year. Are you in a bass club at all?

Nah, I have my standards. I wouldn't join any club or organization that would have me as a member.:lol:

Give a holler when you're heading for stripers.

hey riverrat kbkindle here janns has some circuit board bills there 035 thick has about 5-6 different sizes they cost about $1.99 to $2.89 for a 10 pack have used them pretty good bill kb:teef:

Thanks KB,

I will look at them tonight. Do you think they are better than plastic lips or just used for different applications.

Thanks KB,

I will look at them tonight. Do you think they are better than plastic lips or just used for different applications.

kb here they dont break as easy as the plastic lips we have a lot of creeks that come into my home lake and when i try to skip under the concrete bridge i miss some times and hit the concrete and they dont break and when the water is clear and you can see your crank hit a big rock or iron post on a boat lift they bounce farther away from post when this happens i will stop cranking for a couple seconds and seem like i get more strikes this way maybe just me but i like them better kb

Kb

Thanks for the info. I am going to try a few cranks with this style lip before I buy any material to make them. I have a small lake we fish thats full of stumps and by buddy uses a square billed bait and slams it off the stumps and the square bill seems to deflect off the cover better then the round. It's funny you metioned breaking the bills off on concrete. We fish a river that has a lot of rip rap and last year my partner bought one of those "Lucky" jerkbaits that cost ten grand! First cast hit the rip rap, bill snapped right off! Guess it wasn't that lucky. Good Fishing!