whibley

Combonation

I had an idea I thought was awesome a few years ago. Then Storm came out with something like my idea. The idea was that someone would find a way to dip a wooden (painted) lure in some clear melted plastic and then it may be more realistic feeling to the fish. I dont know if this is a dumb idea or if someone has already tried it. I just thought it was an interesting idea. Let me know if anyone decides to try it. Id be really interested to know everyones thoughts.

If your idea is a dumb one, then I am a dumb person as well.

To cover a lure with melted plastic, you have first to find the right kind of plastic which is suitable for this purpose, and this is a difficult task for someone who is not familiar with the field of plastics, as I am.

I have not dropped the ideea yet, I just hope that one day I will have enough knoledge and technical means to achieve that.

the problem is the melted plastic, I think that a chemical reaction with thinner

is more appropriate then a hot melted on fire one (hope I can be understood) cause u can damage the paint , still searching for a solution

An adjustment: the chemical reaction with a thinner , I meant to say: dissolving the plastic using a solvet (paint thinner) resulting a clear solution that can be applied on the painted body similar to the plastic dip used to protect de wood ;)

Jackall Bros. makes a hardbait with a very durable soft plastic plastic section to it. I have no clue as to what they use but they look great. If you do a search for "Jackall Mask" you will find it.

Bill Dance has brought back the Dance's Eel and Craw and they have a soft body with a hard insert. The plastic on these bait doesn't feel as high tech as the Jackall Bros.

Must be a good Idea, but I think I will stick with extra sharp hooks.

dc040119.jpg?t=1175447942

This is something I've considered, but I have had a hard enough time getting my lures to work like I want in the first place...lol

This is was I came up with but never pursued it: How about trying Plasti-Dip the tool dip? I'd seal the bait first (if wooden). They make a primer for adhesion, so I'd use that next. Lastly I'd dip in the tool dip.

They make multiple colors, but they also make clear. My understanding is that Plasti-dip is actually just a plastisol formulation. If true, you could then color the clear Plasti-dip with any of the worm colorants we use for soft plastics. In theory you could even add glitter and/or scent!

Keep us updated on your experiments!

Clemmy