charmerbaits

Powder Paint Dripping

Sounds like you may have too much paint on the jig as well.

not sure I have much more to add, but dayooper is for sure right. The cause of "too much" paint can be as the others mentioned....too hot, improperly fluffed paint (packed too tight), swishing for too long, etc. Bottom line is that you will figure it out with practice. The good news, the learning curve is short, so you won't waste a lot of jigs and paint.

Found a solution, or maybe just a quick fix, for if you want to save the jighead after it drips while curing. Had to have a batch done for the next day and I had a few that had some small drips. Use a fine file to shape the paint until it's the right shape and thickness, just make sure you don't file through the paint and hit lead. Then just heat briefly, until the paint glosses over. I just used a regular butane lighter, only heat for a couple seconds. The white paint was even glossy before it scorched.

I have to agree with renie. If you are going to make 250 a week, in vest in a good fluid bed. I also bought mine from dayooper. It works great with no paint drips. That comes from dipping in the jar and get to much paint on the jig. You could also try using a medium size round tupper ware container to put the paint in. Shake it with the top on then dip the jig in the paint. Fluid bed is the only way to go to do it right.:)