hazmail

Sealing WOOD lures-something different

Wood workers use vacuum bag systems for veneering. You should be able to find a system on a wood working supply site that will work for this.

I imagine you could put the lure jar, with a hole in the top for the air to escape, into one of the bags and it would work.

They work off a compressed air venturi pump system, so your air compressor will do the trick for making the vacuum.

Some great ideas being shared here but it seems to me that if you are going to go to the trouble of building pumps, buying vacuums, etc., then you may as well just change what you are building the lures from. Cut the lures out of one of the many plastics on the market or just mold the lures from a foam or 2-part plastic and be done with it.

If you are really worried about water getting to the wood, do as many others are on the board and use your clear coat as the sealer.

Jed V.

Yes I have to agree that all the testing and new ideas are half the fun,but some of them require a little more engineering mind than I have.My future son in law is at Alabama now studying to be an electrical engineer,maybe he needs to change his major to mechanical or something a little more geared to lure design so he can help me with some of the terminology and descriptions you all use here.I usually read one of these posts and it takes me another 30 min to figure out what some of you are saying,but like I said thats half the fun...Robert

Robert, you are just going to have to ask questions.

Engineers tend to get caught up in their own little world were everyone understands. Explaining is not our strong suit.

A highly respected member recently said,

there are no stupid questions; only stupid answers

If you don't want to post the question, a PM is fine.