Tigger

Some bluegills

Hey everyone, Hope all is well. I decided to do a run of bluegills. They have a foil base but most of it is covered with paint. I still don't know why I keep doing it! LOL

My friend Carl had some really neat pictures of bluegills he caught while icefishing this past winter. The bluegill were laying on the ice in the sunlight. There were about 4 to 5 different variations of colors. I decided to challenge myself with the matching! LOL They came out good but I will not show the pictures of the fish! LOL

Rowhunter really did a knock out job on his and it gave me some inspiration to try some more. My wife thanks you! She hasn't seen come out of the basement for 3 days! LOL

Take care

John

DSC03224egilly1.jpg

DSC03225egillbr1.jpg

DSC03228egrengill1.jpg

DSC03224egilly1.jpg

DSC03225egillbr1.jpg

DSC03228egrengill1.jpg

DSC03224egilly1.jpg

DSC03225egillbr1.jpg

DSC03228egrengill1.jpg

DSC03224egilly1.jpg

DSC03225egillbr1.jpg

DSC03228egrengill1.jpg

DSC03224egilly1.jpg

DSC03225egillbr1.jpg

DSC03228egrengill1.jpg

DSC03224egilly1.jpg

DSC03225egillbr1.jpg

DSC03228egrengill1.jpg

DSC03224egilly1.jpg

DSC03225egillbr1.jpg

DSC03228egrengill1.jpg

DSC03224egilly1.jpg

DSC03225egillbr1.jpg

DSC03228egrengill1.jpg

2004_thumb.attach

2005_thumb.attach

2006_thumb.attach

John,

As usual , top shelf work! Sorry about the basement thing.LOL. All the sunfish have so many variation's , and a wonderful color pallet to choose from it's mind blowing! Crosses between Gill's ,long ear, green and pumpkinseed, the possibilities seem endless. The brightly colored Pumpkinseed seem's like the greatest challenge to replicate. I havn't done one yet ,But I will!

Douglas

Thanks guys those were alot of fun to do!

Doug you are right about the variations of bluegills. So manyyyyyyyyyyyy! I also agree the punkinseed is plain nuts to try to do. My airbrush is not good enough. A hand-me-down one. I may try it if I get a better brush some day.

Mike I may sell them not sure about all of them. I did sneak one on ebay. But it is not about that. Just fun to try to create mother natures colors. I have more fun mixing the paints and sticking them in little bottles all over the place! LOL Yes I will be getting some teeth marks on them. Fatfingers is going to take me under his wing and really show me how to musky fish!:)

Jason I did think about the basement. I have been posting alot there. I'll give it some thought.;)

Thanks Swede. You guys chase the pike I think. Any musky's there?

Thanks again everyone , take care

John