Tigger

Some 10" foil White fish

Hey everyone, I did these cranks 3 weeks ago. Still working on the final coats. Up to 8 coats on the silver one! :eek:

One is in copper and one is in silver foil. I like these little buggers!:) I put an Aluminum lip in them. Hope to run them soon in the boat to see their limits. Pre paint they ran good in the pond!:wink:

Take care

John

DSC03126whitefishcrank.jpg

DSC03142copperwhitefish.jpg

2014_thumb.attach

2015_thumb.attach

Thanks everyone, It keeps it fun experimenting!:yay:

I have been trying some different things out.

I have played around with putting the impressions in the body material and putting the foil over that.

I have been playing around with small vacume bags that can be hooked to shop vacs and the air removed to get a tight wrap around the bait. It is commonly used in woodworking with veneers.

I have taken thicker material and imprinted the impressions in the material but it is non bending and restrictive. The funny thing a couple of weeks ago I was in Kohls shopping store and they have copper plates that have a similiar pattern in them. I was eyeing those up! LOL

I won't mislead you I am playing around with some other materials also.

Here is another item that I played with. Here is a pic also. It is the skin left over from a sheet of stick on door bumpers. It has a sticky side and and can be stretched and applied in oblong patterns. I think it is silicone. I put the foil over that experimenting with some now.

One trick to the process is to paint and them sand it off the high spots. The only problem is it is VERY easy to sand right thru. I have a pile of rejects.:angry: I am seeing that they a difficult to make with quantities. They take so darn long to make also.

The depth comes from all the coats of epoxy that I put on. If you layer the light coats of paint with each layer you can get incredible depth to the lure. Is ther too much epoxy. I will find out this weekend when I give them a trial run. Time will tell.

DSC03299mesh.jpg

DSC03299mesh.jpg

DSC03299mesh.jpg

DSC03299mesh.jpg

DSC03299mesh.jpg

DSC03299mesh.jpg

DSC03299mesh.jpg

2016_thumb.attach