oldthunder

Lure Weights

Need help with locating other suppliers for lure weights. As of the moment, I am making my own from hollow coiled sinker lead. Very labour intensive and time consuming. I know that LureHardware does weights but I am wanting to know if there are others who can supply what I need. I am looking for weights that are 4 grams in weight, 7/16" long X 1/4" diameter. The 1/4" diameter is critical as that is what my lures are drilled to. I am looking for 200 initially. Can anybody help?????

Oldthunder

www.eaglelures.com

Life is too short.....FISH HARD!!!

I was looking for the same thing a while back. 1/4 dia. with a high lead content. I kept on thinking about buying a cavity and start pouring but that would have sent me into another hobby. To make it short try this link and click Cores, this is lead wire used for swaging (I had no idea what that was). It is 99.9% pure and i think 70,000 gr. = 10 lbs. at least that is what my spool weighs. It isn't as cheap as scrap lead but it saves me the time and trouble. Very easy to cut.

http://www.corbins.com/prices.htm#lead

Buy the .247" it fits perfect in a 1/4 hole. 10 lbs. will weight a lot of baits.

Item # LW-10

I took a Lurecraft mold, drilled a 1/4" hole in it as deep as I wanted, then drilled a smaller hole all th way through. I can place a small screw eye in the mold from the bottom, then just pour lead into the mold. I have only poured in it once, and apparently the silicone from the mold shrinks, so it wasn't a 1/4" hole, but I think if I rounded it out again, it would work. if you have any lead pouring equipment, it might be a option for you.

Sorry guys, but I don't want to get into another hobby and all the equipment for melting and pouring my own weights. I'd rather not do this. I forgot to mention, in my original post, that the weights have to have a hook eye on them.

Like I said, I am using hollow lead sinker material now and utilize 3/32" stainless steel cotter pins for the hook eyes. Saves me from getting into pouring but still labour intensive when you are looking at doing 200 lures.

Thanx for the info so far gang. Keep it comin'....:worship:

Oldthunder

www.eaglelures.com

Life is too short.....FISH HARD!!!

oldthunder, I weighed and measured the drop shot weight .230 diameter x 1.00 long. It weighs 6 grams. I know one end could be cut to get your weight, the only thing I don't know, is that if you cut it down to 7/16" (.4375) long, if it would end up at 4 grams.....I could do some testing, however I would have to pour some as I don't stock these on the shelf. I have others, that are .260 diameter, and some less but these may be either too big, or too small. Let me know what you want to do. Or Pm me and we can discuss other options......Ted