Riverrat

Triton Aluminum Boats

Does any one have a Triton 18-19' Magnum Alum, with a 150-200hp? I have a 17' with a 50hp and am looking to upgrade this fall or early spring. I am wondering how the bigger alum's ride versus fiberglass and are they any faster than fiberglass with same motor? Any comments would be a great help.

Riverrat

Triton aluminum boats are made about 30 miles from my house. They are a well built boat by all means. I did take a ride in one of the bigger boats last year. As for the ride it wasn't nearly as smooth as my 20' Skeeter. Speed was fast but not any faster than my Skeeter with a 200 on it. I think a lot of what you want depends on what type lakes you fish most. If you fish shallow, stumpy lakes then aluminum is what you want, if you fish big open water lakes fiberglass is the way to go.

don't have a Trident but have had glass and now aluminum Tracker. I have a 50 hp Merc on it and my lake Priest has a lot of slallow areas so speed is not a big thing here. It is a 17ft 175 Bass tracker. and the ride is just fine but is a lot lighter and uses a lot less gas. Can sometimes be a little tricky on loading on the windy ruff day but i would by aluminum again/

John Lenox2k