Norcalbassin

Seal Coat from Stamina?

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried the Seal Coat from Component Systems that Stamina carries I'm looking for something to clear baits with other than Devcon. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Devcon is to thick to use on bass sized cranks.

Thanks,

Norcalbassin

I wouldn't use it with acrylics, I've lost the pictures, but it ate the paint, then started eating at the plug itself (plastic) when I tried it

The seal coat will eat some water based paints for sure. Devcon will work fine on any balsa wood bait. I coat my 1/16oz ul baits with it and I use on my 1/4" super thin cranks, if the weight is right to start with, devcon won't cause it to sink. If you are repainting suspending plastics and you coat with devcon, you now have sinking plastics.

I'm surprised this top coat effects water based paint.This top coat is water based it's self..Learn something new every day!!..Nathan

Nathan, I paint with Smith Paints wildlife colors and the seal coat caused the paint to bleed. It may be the brand or something but I was not impressed with it after that. I have not tried the seal coat with any other paints.