Lenox2k

Best Soft bait for Texas Rig

If i had to choose one, it would be a ozmo by lunker city. It's a creature bait and has had some fantastic results for me, Much as I hate to push those big name brands, you can not go wrong with it, and you can customize it to fit your needs, a very well made bait IMO

I don't think any one bait is the best, but rather how you fish the texas rig makes most of the difference. You can catch fish on creature baits, worms, grubs, tubes, craws, lizards.....etc.etc. but a lot is in the method of fishing that really makes the difference. I prefer weightless most of the time, adding a minimum of weight when the wind is up or the current is present. Slow is the way to go...for me. Other condidions include weedy areas, dropoffs, humps, etc. Each gets its own treatments. I'm not saying your question is a poor choice, just that there are so many answers....you may be better off learning techniques.....all in all, it's the techniques that really make the difference in my opinion. Good fishing, Mac

I agree with Mac on this topic. I have seen times where a particular soft plastic would make a big difference, but all-in-all, its more about how and where you fish it than what it looks like. Most of the time you'll develop a sense of confidence with one soft plastic over another and that's the one you'll find on the end of your rod when things are tough. A basic rule I follow is this: In rocky areas, I start with a craw worm. In grass (not matted) I'll use a creature type or curly tail for pitching to the center and a senko type for falling the edges. In flats with stumps, always use a senko type. In timber, I use a straight tail work and had some custom flip-tail worms made for me a couple of months back and I love!! On points, straight tail or curly tail texas rigged or a senko type for carolina rigs. In the spring........do not forget the lizard!!!!