fatfingers

The new and improved Devcon2?

In the last few months, it seems that Devcon2 may have been altered a bit.

It now comes with a pink sleeve over the twin tubes. I am having much better luck getting it to flow smoothly and it seems to set up a bit faster, which is nice.

It seems to have a slightly thinner consistency when you mix it and has less of a yellow tint in the tube and after mixing. I happened to have had some of the older stuff and the newer stuff has way less of a yellow tint when you compare the two types in the tube.

Having just started with this in March, I have used mostly the new stuff.

I think the sleeve keeps out light and helps it stay more stable in the package. The only tube I have used of the old stuff (without the sleeve) was more yellow and I did have a lot of trouble with it being thicker.

It does kinda make you wonder what has changed in the formula, and if the change will make any long term perfomance difference. The 5 minute used to much less yellow in the syringe tube than the 2-ton...can only hope this is just an improved product.

Dean

Only thing I can add is this... I bought 2 tubes of it from wally world and started painting baits. I mixed the first batch together and before I got even close to having my second bait done it was set up. The brush was a rock and the bait was hosed. Of course I had been using up my old devcon so I thought perhaps it was a conflict with either old in my mixing container or reaction to some acetone left on the brush. I tried it again and again it set up solid in 5 minutes. I think they just mislabled the tube because I had some baits I had to get done and went with the second tube and it worked just fine. Just something to keep an eye out for.

Good Luck!