Yake Bait

Crappie Speckles

I wished I had a better way to explain. Remember the folded paper snow flakes you made in grammer school.The patern possibilities are endless!!!!!!!!Use a exacto knife for fin cuts. Stagger them any way to get uniform or ununiform results.Simple and easy.

Pete here are some steps that I use with foil.

- paint the foil lightly and let it dry good. Take some 320 type sandpaper and lightly sand the high spots.

- apply first epoxy coat.

- I come back and lightly paint spots over and seperate for the previous.

- clear coat again.

It gives me a nice effect.

Good luck

John

DSC03148whitecrappie.jpg

DSC03148whitecrappie.jpg

DSC03148whitecrappie.jpg

DSC03148whitecrappie.jpg

DSC03148whitecrappie.jpg

DSC03148whitecrappie.jpg

DSC03148whitecrappie.jpg

DSC03148whitecrappie.jpg

DSC03148whitecrappie.jpg

2040_thumb.attach

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll have to try those out.

This is the first deep bellied panfish type bait that I have built and it had a tight swing side to side and also wobbled almost like a crank bait on the straight retrieve. I really liked the way that it moved. Not sure if this is typical of this style bait or if it had something to do with the weight placement, tow eye placement, or shape. I plan on making a second one soon with just a little less lead since I had quite a bit of epoxy on the last coat which increased the sink rate slightly beyond what I was shooting for.

Pete

Next bait will have a different template and color scheme to match crappies in a local body of water. Caught a few of these this weekend. I think that I can get close to these colors with the silver foil, some Createx irridescent green, and opaque black. Will probably mix a combination of irridescent green and black for the back and spots. I'm thinking about trying Tigger's sanded technique if I can muster the courage to sand on top of my foil :eek:

BadwaterCrappie.jpg

BadwaterCrappie.jpg

BadwaterCrappie.jpg

BadwaterCrappie.jpg

BadwaterCrappie.jpg

BadwaterCrappie.jpg

2041_thumb.attach