dampeoples

Devcon, only at Wal Mart?

Ace and true value carry it also do you have any maw and paw hardware supplies? Tell them what ya want and I bet they'll get it in stock for ya.Also on the subject,With the amount of use devcon gets from this site alone Is there any way to connect the company to the site for online purchasing? Just a thought!

Once I found a local hardware store that sold similar epoxy resins, all I had to do is explain the amount I use and they were more than glad to accomodate my needs.I buy it by the case now and keep in the a/c.Havnt had any problems at all with going bad.Case cost here is 31.89 and that is 20 syringes.A/c is key, do not store extras in the heat or extreme cold it severely affects the quality. Good Luck

I use the Devcon2Ton, & have only located it locally at Walmart also.. Its $1.97 per syringe at my local Wally store.. Heres a helpful hint tho: dont buy all they have!..haha.. I started buying out the rack every 3 weeks or so, as I use alot.. 6-8 syringes at a time.. I started doin it in Mar, at a price of $1.39 per syringe, they jacked the price up about $0.20 per month, now its $1.97.. I swear Im the only one buying too!..LoL.. I now just buy 2-3 syringes a week, & price has stabilized..

www.dickblick.com Thats Dick Blick if the link doesnt show up or work.. They have the Envirotex Lite, its a chain art supply store.. I believe theres another Envirotex also, a High Build or something its called... From what I hear it takes a considerably longer time to cure than D2T but more flexible..Tho dont quote me on that.. Prices there are $7.95 for 8oz kit, $14.30 for 16oz, and $22.46 for 32oz at Blicks..

John~

Hey Ohio, I've never paid anything but $1.97 in the last few years at several different Wally's. I've seen it at other hardware and craft stores but it's always more expensive for the syringes. My local Hobbytown carries 2-ton in 9 ounce bottles. And yes, if you're just using it for gluing purposes, there are alot of different epoxies about.

Dean

The Devcon 2 Ton is all I use for top coats, and the last few times I have been to WalMart, they have been out. So, now I am out. With any luck they will have some in pretty soon.

I might have to check Hobby Lobby, but, I know they will be more expensive.

Might try and see if I can get it online. If anyone knows of an online source let me know.

Well Dean I hope my local Wally's dont keep raising the price on me.. All I know is, their price of $1.39 was like that for over 6 months until I started empting the shelves once a month then the price starting going up..I have a luremaking buddy up in Michigan who pays $4.95 a syringe for D2T at his local Walmart.. I see BobP just posted a link for the 9oz kits.. I'll check that out too..

Has Devcon changed their formula? I haven't used it in a few years but the other day I wanted to finish some lures for myself that I wanted to use the next morning. I bought some 2-ton, mixed it up as usual, and it was hard as a rock in 10 minutes! And no it wasn't the 5 minute version. The temps were high, probably in the 80's when I was mixing it but I don't recall the 30 minute stuff setting up anywhere near that quickly.

Jed V.

Has Devcon changed their formula? I haven't used it in a few years but the other day I wanted to finish some lures for myself that I wanted to use the next morning. I bought some 2-ton, mixed it up as usual, and it was hard as a rock in 10 minutes! And no it wasn't the 5 minute version. The temps were high, probably in the 80's when I was mixing it but I don't recall the 30 minute stuff setting up anywhere near that quickly.

Jed V.

kbkindle having the same problem setting up to quick. some one said to put ice under mixing cup will slow it down have not tryed it yet has anyone ?kb

Dampeoples,

several places carry Envirotex lite including Michael's, Hobbytown, (who also carries the 9 oz. bottle kits of Devcon 2-ton) but the best price i've paid has been at a local Ace Hardware, who has carried it since I had them order it once. I've used it as glue but but it's not real practical as it has a long cure time. (I clamped it for a day, and let it cure for another before using.) And it is all E-tex lite, I'm pretty sure.

Jed, At 80+ degrees, I would expect it to set-up fast!

kb, when I used to use cups for mixing, I'd set them on one of those re-freezable Blue-ice things to prong use a bit. What I'd do now if I needed to, would be to freeze some water in a pop or beer can and use the bottom of it to hold some epoxy. Cooling it down will definitely slow its cure time however you do it. blackjack has a good system for this, as he tends to do a lot of glueing on one mixing.

Ohio, it is a sad thing when Wal-mart's begin price-gouging on Devcon...what happened to same low price every day? At for your bud paying $4.95 for a syringe of 2-ton, I'd first talk to the manager, and if that didn't work, I'd fire off a letter to corporate!!

Dean